Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I hadn't skated in my patch blades in a week!  Yuck.  So it was a little iffy at first.  Warmed up with edges, then drew my circles as Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- meh.   Still warming up, the RFO was not so great and my pushes were weak.
  • FI8 -- okay.
  • waltz-8 -- about the same.  I'm still tending to lean out of the circle before the step forward, so that makes it hard to step forward and I tend to skid.  Yuck.
  • BO8 --  still having issues with the LBO, Lynne says that when I rotate my arms I'm leaning out of the circle which is why I am going flat.  I made some progress on this, but then I was cutting the circle in too much.  Arrgh.  Also Lynne reminded me that I am taking too long with my push (not the first push, the subsequent ones) -- this is feedback I had from the Sherwood comp.  So we spent some time trying to get a shorter/quicker push.  Yikes.
After my lesson I had about 20 minutes so I worked on BI8 and then serpentines.  Mmmph.  I feel like my change of edge is better, but I'm not pushing hard enough. So I'm not losing a lot of speed in the transition but I'm still not getting all the way around the circle after the change of edge.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home