Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Waltz-8 & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We started a bit late, but I was also running late, so I just made it through my edges, drew my circles, and did an FO8 when Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- okay, I feel like we made some real progress on these.  3s were better.  I'm holding the BO edge almost long enough, finally.  Step forward is a little better, especially when I take some time to really think about it.  I think the key for this is to really just take one element at a time and really focus on making that element what it needs to be.  Too often I'm just not very collected and it shows :-(.
  • BO8 -- finished up with these.  RBO is pretty nice.  LBO I need to watch the initial step and push that I'm not going out to far and shifting my circle.  Hmm.
After my lesson I had a couple of minutes so I worked on the RBO, trying to keep my free leg close since I know my position has not been ideal.  I was able to keep it closer but when I do I'm up on my toe a bit; not flexing my foot/keeping my heel down & weight back.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home