Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

We spent some time discussing Autumn Antics, my training, etc.  JJ is really pushing me to get in better shape and do more off-ice.  I know he's right but I'm really having a hard time following through :-(.  I want to test AB Moves in January but that's contingent on fixing my mohawks and also some improvements on power-3s.  Grrr.

Then we worked on spins.  I had done a pretty nice one when he came on the ice, but of course the subsequent ones were not as nice.  From there we worked on two-foot spins a bit; JJ wanted to work on my arm position.  I was making myself dizzy!  That's a good thing since I was spinning faster.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home