Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice.  Only 5 skaters and nice fresh ice!

I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, and waltz-8, then drew some circles on top of my waltz-8 print so I could compare it... not as bad as I feared.  FO3s were about a foot early, other than that about the same as I've been doing without the scribe so I guess that's good.

After that I spent all but 8 minutes on the waltz-8.  I do a lot better when I let the BO edge be slower and try to relax.  Still not doing a great job of leaning into the FO edge after the step forward.

For the last part of the session I worked on serpentines.  RFOI was about the same, but LFOI!  I managed to make myself push considerably harder and although I had a hard time holding the edge (wound up touching my foot down briefly) I actually made it around 1.5 circles to start the RFIO! YAY!  I managed this 3 times or so.  So.. I need to keep pushing that hard and then work on leaning into the edge a bit more.

At the end of the session I wound up talking to a new skater I'd not met before.  His name is Rosswell and he's.. late 60s? 70s?  Hard to say. I'd say fairly old but quite spry.  He's a hockey boy :-).  He seems pretty cool, we had a nice albeit brief conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home