Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I was tired and out of sorts, so it wasn't really my best lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • perimeter XOs -- all in all not that bad.  JJ reminded me that I need to bring the end pattern all the way across the end of the rink (I stopped a little early).  I'm still not happy with my clockwise FXOs but other than that, okay.
  • power-3s -- ugh.  Started with the right side... they were horrible.  Got to the left side.. also horrible.  I was practically trying to do a 3 in a straight line.  Gaaah.  I don't know what my problem was today; I couldn't make myself turn my upper body into the circle.
It occurred to me later that I'd really love to work on cross strokes because a) I've never done them and b) they might help me with this stuff.  I'll ask JJ next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home