Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice.  Warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, then drew my circles on top of my FO8.  The LFO was actually pretty much right on!  The RFO was actually too big!  What a problem to have :-).  It was a bit too large and was shifted up a bit so that the bottom more or less aligned with the scribed circle.

Worked on waltz-8 for some time, esp. working on trying to stand up straighter.  I think I made a little progress.  Then went on to serpentines.. first one on each side not so great but after that I made it all the way around on each foot... yea!.  I had to remind myself that it's not just a harder push, I need to bring the pushing foot in promptly.  It makes a huuuuge difference.

Finished up on BI8.  RBI is slowly improving; I'm doing a good job of keeping the free foot in front longer and it makes a big difference.  I still really need to watch the free hip when I bring the foot back though, I tend to drop it and then I curve in.  Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home