Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8, then drew my circles.  Lynne came on the ice just in time for the waltz-8.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- same ol' same ol'.  I've gotten in the bad habit of touching my free foot down on the R side BO edge (LBO) before the step forward, so I made a conscious effort NOT to do so.  It's tough, it's like a crutch.  3s were better after I reminded myself to keep my head up.  Lynne reminded me I really need to hold a checked position on the BO edge so I don't start swinging around.
  • serpentines -- these are progressing.  I made it all the way around once on each foot (FOI) and started the FIO side but didn't make it around there (close though!).  FIO will need a lot more work, mostly to improve the change of edge and to push just a bit harder.  I'm pleased.
  • 3s to center -- mmph.  RFO3 is still kinda forced and I'm not holding the exit well.  I did one LFO3 that was pretty nice - good turn, and held a good BI after for about a quarter circle.  Yay!
After my lesson I worked on BI8 for the remaining time.  I enjoy these but they sure need a lot of practice.

Today's lesson was a first, and not in a good way (okay not that bad either) -- I forgot to pay Lynne!  Argh!  I had her check in my pocket and I totally forgot to give it to her, and when I was getting in the car I put my hand in the pocket and found it.  Grrr!  I texted her and told her I'd pay her in the morning (Back-3 lesson in the a.m.) and she said that was fine.  Grrr!  I've been skating 9.5 years and never done that!  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home