Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Power-3s & Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I'd not skated since Friday (eep!) so I felt a little rough.

Today's lesson:
  • power-3s -- we worked on getting more rotation into the turn (followup from Friday's lesson with Sonya), and then we spent a lot of time on the BXO/step forward.  I think I finally got it through my skull that I need to treat this differently than just an ordinary BXO.  JJ showed me that I need to start rotating as I'm coming  out of the BI edge (as it comes around) so that when I'm in the BXO I'm turning my upper body forward; then I can actually step forward onto the FO edge.  We spent most of the lesson on this!  I feel like some real progress, finally.  Yay!
  • spins -- finished up with a little time on these.  Not much different. So much to remember, and I stink and remembering more than one thing.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home