Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs to landing position -- we worked on drawing the pattern out more and getting a better edge.  JJ reminded me to keep a strong check with the arms so I worked hard at that and it really did help settle the edge down a lot.  The transition between each lobe is a bit awkward still though.
  • Perimeter XOs -- I ran the pattern once and asked JJ to watch my clockwise FXOs.  He said that they actually don't look bad at all, which surprised me.  On the BXOs he reminded me that I need to have a stronger check position when holding the power transition/BI edge around; I do that well on one side but not the other.  Grrr.  Made some progress though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home