Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 8:15 FS at Chandler.  I had to move this lesson due to travel etc.

I warmed up with edges, then drew my circles just before Lynne came on the ice to start our lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- LFO was pretty dicey the first time around (didn't keep my shoulder back) but generally okay.
  • FI8 -- not bad.
  • waltz-8 -- still a work in progress.  I have all the individual pieces but making them all come together at the same time is still a challenge.  I'm trying to be more mindful of what I'm doing and be more collected about my approach to each part of the move.
  • serpentines -- good progress.  I actually made it all the way around on the left foot for LFOI-RFIO!!!  I was so excited!  Couldn't match it on the other foot though, the LFIO change of edge is just a bit harder for me.  Still, I'm really pleased at my progress on these.
  • BI8 -- these are improving also.  I noticed today that I'm not struggling so much to get the bigger circle size anymore.  Haven't really looked at whether I am on a clean BI edge to start (I need to check).   I still have a long way to go with these as far as getting them reliable and making it all the way around every time.
After my lesson I worked some on BO8 (these are going well) and then some more time on waltz-8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home