Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I warmed up with edges, then Lynne came on the ice and I drew my scribe circles.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- not bad.  Still need to work on posture.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.  A little wonky on the first RFI but I wasn't really warmed up.
  • waltz-8 -- a bunch of time on these, of course.  They are improving.  I'm doing a much better job of holding the BO edge, and the 3 is pretty good also (although I'm a little forward on the LFO3).  Doing a better job of holding the FO back to center, too.  Still need to improve the step forward to be around more (of course).
  • serpentines -- these are improving!  I actually made it a whole serpentine (I think it was the RFOI-LFIO?)!.   I need to work on these a lot more, especially, now, the FIO change and pushing harder into the FI edge.  
After my lesson I worked some more on BO8 and BI8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home