Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 04, 2013

Waltz-8, 3s, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Warmed up with the Preliminary test and scribed my circles, then we started.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- I had some improvement on this, mostly by SLOWING DOWN.  Unfortunately I've noticed that after the first one I keep picking up speed which makes it hard to slow down.  But, slowing down helped me to get a much better step forward.
  • 3s to center -- I'm really glad I looked at these yesterday!  I did a couple of nice ones on the L foot, not so much on the R.  Still not holding a good BI after the turn... that will take some time!
  • serpentines -- ugh.  Not as good as yesterday.  As I told Lynne, 70% of my problems with figures are, I think, because I don't have (consistently) good edges yet.  Geez.  When I can get everything set up, and if I can just push harder, I think I'll be okay on these.
A little bit frustrating today.  I feel like I know what the problems are but it's so difficult to get me to fix them! Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home