Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice (I have a lesson Wed.).  I had the ice to myself the whole time!

Warmed up with edges, did FO8 and FI8, drew my circles, worked on waltz-8 for about 20 minutes.  Then I decided to try a new exercise I'd been thinking about, which is basically doing just one side of the waltz-8 on a hockey circle.  I.e., FO edge, FO3, step to BO edge, step forward, FO edge, FO3...  as I suspected, this shows that my FO3s really suck.  The first one was okay but the ones after.. really really bad.  I think I could get a lot of profit out of working this exercise.

Finished up with some serpentines, they were not as good as in my lesson last week.    Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home