Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 04, 2013

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  A couple more people than usual since it's the holidays, but still good conditions.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- JJ is focused right now on getting me very comfortable and confident with the entry so we spent a lot of time on that.  He emphasized having the R foot come off the ice without turning it forward (direction of travel) and that I need to bend the picking leg and then, having compressed the spring, to push off it.
  • waltz-toe combination -- we just spent a couple of minutes reminding me that to set up the combo correctly (it's in the program) I'll need to strongly check the landing of the waltz jump.
  • salchow -- worked on these setting them up like in the program (pushing from the RFI edge onto the LFO into the jump).  Not so great, I still struggle to get the timing on this and not rush.
  • spins -- not much progress, still fighting to keep the free leg back and not rush the entrance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home