Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Serpentine Success

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.   I warmed up with edges, then drew my circles and then we started.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- A little wobbly on the first RFO but otherwise not bad.
  • FI8 -- Decent.
  • Waltz-8 -- Lots of time on these.. it's still a struggle.  I had one of those slow-motion forward falls as I was trying to step forward.  Too funny! I'm doing a little better at standing up straighter on the BO edge and trying to keep my feet closer (not widestep).  Still not doing a great job of turning my foot under me to step forward though.  I did a little better at holding the FO edge back to center, I think.
  • serpentines -- finished up with these... another breakthrough!  I actually did a complete set on one side (L, I think) and restarted and got almost another complete one!  The FIO change of edge is still pretty rough, and I really need to push harder on the FI edge when I get to it.  Really good progress though!  I'm very excited.
After my lesson I worked on BI8 for a while.  RBI is looking a lot better, LBI still a bit rough.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home