Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Toe Loop, Spins, Free Skate

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- lots of work on this, including a bunch of work just on the RFI3 (geez!). Finished up trying the waltz-toe.  I'm not doing the actual toe loop here, just going through the entry and step-through.
  • spins -- just a couple.  Ugh.  
  • free skate -- just got to run this once.   On the positive side I ran through it without stopping and didn't fall.  I was behind, though, from the beginning by several seconds.  And of course I didn't really do the toe loop in the toe-waltz.  
All in all not too bad but I am going to have to work on speed on the program, and of course the toe loop needs much more work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home