Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Waltz-8, Serpentines, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had not skated in patch skates since my last lesson!  Bad, bad Gordon!  I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, then did FO8, FI8 and one waltz-8 before we started.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- about the same.  I need to find a way to convince myself to stand up straighter (esp. on the BO edge) and lean into the circle more.  Really, my problems with this figure are mostly related to those factors, I think.  I want to practice just the step forward more and get myself to do those things.  Repetitive, I know, but that seems to be what I need.
  • serpentines -- I'm making progress on these, but now I really need to work on the FIO, especially the L one, as I'm just not getting the weight shifted all the way over.
  • BO8 -- just a couple of minutes on these.  The first ones were a little rough, but all in all not bad.
After my lesson I had about 10 minutes so I spent it on BI8.  Yikes.  They were rough, but got better.  I need a lot of work on these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home