Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waltz-8 & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles and then did the FO8 and FI8 when Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- as usual we spent a fair amount of time on these.  I shudder to think how much it has cost me in $ and time to get them even as good as they are now! :-(  We spent a good chunk of time just working on the BO edge and step forward (carryover from yesterday).  Managed a very amusing fall well I went over forward and managed to fall & turn over and slide out for about 8 feet! It made me laugh.  No harm done.
  • serpentines -- ugh.  Not as good as they have been, the issue was mostly lack of quality on my entry edge and not pushing hard enough.  We spent a little time at the end working specifically the FIO change of edge -- the L one is really hard :-(.  R is not so bad.
After my lesson I had a few minutes to work on BI8.  Yech, they were not great.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home