Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Back-3s

I had my back-3 lesson with Lynne on the 8:15 FS at Chandler as usual.  I had the ice to myself! Warmed up with some moves, then when Lynne came on the ice we did our usual forward and back 2-foot turns on the circle, then BO3s at the boards, then back out to the big hockey circle.

We worked on RBO3s.  I did a much better job of turning my darn head today, but the knee action on the turn still needs more work.  We worked on the LBO3s with Lynne holding my hand again; I actually managed a couple that were almost right.  We tried without the hand holding and I still couldn't make myself get my weight back on the blade.  Grrr.

After my lesson I worked on my free skate program elements.  I'm still struggling with the salchow.  Grr.   In general the first part of the program seems pretty okay but the second half (with the salchow and waltz-toe) is challenging.

I'm going to need to start working on the dramatic program soon also!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home