Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Salchows & Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • salchow -- we spent most of the lesson working on these, working on getting me to keep my weight over the left side (skating side) all during the entry and beginning of the jump.  JJ had me try doing the salchow from a mohawk entrance just to mix things up a bit, and also to land on two feet.  The light bulb came on about checking harder after the 3, to make the position similar to the toe loop entrance.  That helped a bit.
  • spins -- just a few minutes on these.  I did several that were not bad.  I was doing a better job of holding the free leg back at the entrance and also I'm doing better at getting the arms out in front of me and not being twisted.
We didn't get a chance to run the program (either one) so I am going to have to spend some serious time on them this next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home