Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jumps, Spins, Program

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I'd not skated freestyle since last Wednesday! Geez.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- we worked these in the places they are in the program.  Mmph.  Got one that was really nice, but the first couple were really bad.   The one at the end is tough since I seem to have issues checking the RFI3s.
  • salchow -- I was really glad to have a chance to work on these.  JJ suggested that part of my problem was that I was trying to push onto the LFO edge (for the 3) in a very different direction than I'm traveling beforehand, instead of just (DUH!) letting the LFO take me where I want to go.  So that really helped a lot.
  • waltz-toe -- just once I think, it was okay.  The toe is not really happening but the entrance is there and that's still mostly what JJ is after.
  • program -- ran this with music.  Eeep!  I am still behind at the beginning, and finished a bit late overall.  Spins were just okay at best, sal was okay, something weird happened on the waltz-toe and it just didn't happen.  Uckk.   We talked about the beginning and I think the conclusion was to shorten the BI pivot to just 3/4 of a rev and not 1 3/4 previously.  That should save me enough time to be okay, I think.
Immediately after I finished the program JJ made me take 2 laps.  Ugh!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home