Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Serpentines, BI8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We started a bit later than usual so I had plenty of time to warm up with edges, scribe circles, and do FO8, FI8, and waltz-8.  Then I went on to serpentines, which is where we started the lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • serpentines -- these are getting better.  We spent some quality time on the FIO change; the LFIO (harder side) is getting better -- I have to just really lean into the edge to make it stick.  Unfortunately when I do that I know I am losing a bit of flow, I can hear/feel it, but Lynne says I need to make the change work and then I can make it flow better later.
  • BI8-- These are slowly getting better.  Lynne suggested I rotate the upper body a little earlier than I had been, at the halfway mark.  Also we worked on getting a better/harder/quicker push.  That needs a lot of work.  L side is still rather weak.
  • 3s to center -- ugh.  The RFO3s were pretty stinky, very forced.  LFO3s much better.  Working on getting better BI edge coming out; even when I think I'm checking 'cause the arm is extended, the shoulder is still coming around and defeating me.  Urgh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home