Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Toe Loop, Spins, Free Skate

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert as usual.  There's some problem with the ice, there was a strip in the middle that was coned off because they had been working on it.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- about 20 minutes on these.   We worked on getting the upper body/shoulders to come around with the R foot.  Argh. Then we worked on getting into it from the waltz jump, and I really get stuck in the check position and can't let go and let it come around.  Some progress, maybe but it's pretty rough.  I'm wondering if I should have some additional lessons just to work on this?  Mmmph.
  • spins -- I am so inconsistent on these!  Got some good ones, and others not so good.  I'm not consistent about keeping the free leg back on the entry, and I don't stay with the spin when I really could.  Grr.
  • free skate -- ran this just once.  Not too bad, finished slightly late but that was partly because I was maneuvering around the cones in the middle.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home