Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Serpentines, BO8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  Warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, FO8, FI8, waltz-8.

Today's lesson:
  • serpentines -- better than last week.  The first couple were not so great but I fixed my issue (poor FO edge mostly) and it was better.  I'm still tending to get forward on my blade right after the change of edge; I need to work on that.  Made it to one restart so that was progress.
  • BO8 -- still working on fixing my posture ... ugh!  so hard to hold that shoulder back and get the rest of the position correct. Yikes.  Not much progress.
  • 3s to center -- mmph.  The LFO3s were really nice turns!  The RFO3s not as good. Still lacking control after the turn so I'm not making it back to center at all.  Grrr.  After all this time you would think it would be better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home