Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Programs

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert as usual.

Today's lesson was all about the programs.  First we ran the free skate; probably my best performance on this ever!  I relapsed at the beginning and did a forward pivot/spin instead of the BI pivot I'm supposed to do... but other than that it was pretty good and I finished on time!  The waltz-toe even more-or-less happened.  I was pretty pleased.

After a bit of analysis we went on and ran the dramatic program... ugh.  I kinda forgot a chunk in the middle so it was not so convincing :-(.  My waltz jump was huuuuge though and I think I had pretty good speed.  I need to work on selling this more.

After some analysis/debrief we spent a little time on spins and salchow, just some review/touch-up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home