Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Back-3s, Toe Loop

I had my back-3 lesson with Lynne on the 8:15 FS at Chandler.  I had the ice all to myself the whole time.  Had about 10 minutes to warm up and then we started.

We did our usual, back 2-foot turns on the circle, BO3s on the wall, back out to the circle.  RBO3 continues to solidify although the first one was probably the best.  I'm still trying to get the knee to bend after the turn and get some flow out, and that is elusive.  The LBO3 is still a challenge.  I'm getting better at attempting the turn but not much better at getting my weight back.  Even with Lynne holding my hand I didn't really do one.  Grrr.  For the last couple of minutes we intro'd BI3s on the wall -- whoa!  That seems like a lonnnng way to turn.  Yikes.

After my lesson I worked pretty hard on toe loop (starting off with RBO pivot).  It's actually coming together!  I was really stoked.  Still not really any "jump" to it (no lift) but the timing seems pretty good.  I did a number in a row and most of them were okay.  Pretty exciting stuff!  Then I went and ran the free skate program and that was okay; I still can't do the waltz-toe right now.  I'm just going a little to fast into the toe loop to handle it just yet.

I need to work on my dramatic but I was short on time, plus I need to watch the video again as there's a part in the middle I'm not sure of.  Sheesh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home