Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Toe Loop

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert -- postponed from yesterday.  I'd not skated at this session for a long time, it was nice to see Amber and Brenna, Emma and Tammy and Mark.

We spent the whole lesson working on the toe loop. Ugh!  I have regressed.  Not surprising considering how little time I've had to skate in the last couple of weeks. I did manage one that was pretty good toward the end of our time together.  Either I'm not bringing my upper body around, or I'm not bending the skating knee, or I slip off my toepick... it's always something. Well, almost always.  All in all it doesn't bode well for PCAS.

I have an exhibition in Tucson with TFSC on Saturday, and potentially a lesson with JJ on Monday.  Then a lesson with Sonya on Tuesday while I'm in PDX and then that's pretty much it (a couple more practices).  Eeep.  This will be the last time for this free skate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home