Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Last Practice

I skated the 6 a.m. (eep!) and 7 a.m. freestyles at Sherwood for my last practice before PCAS.  As usual the ice was soooooo gorgeous!  I could write poems about how much I love SIA's ice.  It is consistently the best ice I've ever skated on.  Thanks to the talented Roy Ranna for keeping it so!

I ran each of my programs once and spent most of my time working on jumps and spins.  My salchow is really in some kind of deep hole right now :-(, I don't know what's up with that.  Waltz jump in isolation was good, toe loop is just not happening right now.  Spins -- meh.  All in all not the best practice I could have hoped for by any stretch, but it is what it is. 

I really enjoyed getting to see more of my homies from Sherwood (it's my old rink) -- Madison, Carole, Anna, and coaches Krissy, Kristen, Alexis, and Queen Leone.  It was really nice.

I'm leaving for Pasadena tomorrow at 2 with skate buddy Melissa.  Whee!  I have practice ice Friday, then again early Saturday.  Free skate is Saturday am.. and dramatic is Sunday mid-day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home