Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 08, 2013

PCAS Practice Ice

I had practice ice at 12:15 p.m. today.  I wore my Dramatic costume and worked just on the Dramatic program (I have practice ice tomorrow morning before my free skate, so I'll work on that then).

It took me about 10 minutes to get warmed up and resolve an issue with my L boot, I just couldn't get it right.  Sheesh, what a waste of time.  That stuff drives me crazy!

After that I had a pretty good skate.  This ice is rather softer than I'm used to; it was pretty nice really.  I worked on spins, waltz jump, and salchow, and then ran the Dramatic program in chunks; they were not playing music on practice ice.  There were about 16 people on practice ice; it really wasn't bad, actually.  I felt reasonably good about the program by the time my half hour was up.

I am skating first (of 3) for the free skate and the 2nd (of two) for the Dramatic on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home