Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 08, 2013

Taking Stock

I skated for 45 minutes at coffeeclub today, in my freestyle blades.  I had private ice!  Rather bizarre for a Monday in July, but there it was.

It wasn't as bad as Friday.  I spent some time trying to go through basic elements and see how they were.  Here's a list:
  • FO edges -- meh.  LFO not bad, RFO a bit weak.
  • FI edges -- same as above.  My body position seems a bit weak and I have trouble holding my upper body still.
  • BO edges -- whoa!  Really crappy.  Scrapey and insecure and weight too far forward.
  • BI edges -- meh.  Not great but better than I expected.
  • Stroking -- tentative but okay.
  • FXOs -- couldn't get myself to do the clockwise ones.  CCW were weak but okay.
  • mohawks -- as crappy as ever!
  • FO3s -- couldn't get myself to do these.
It's going to be a long slog back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home