Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 05, 2013

Back On The Ice

I finally felt well AND had time to skate today, so I skated for just 30 minutes at Chandler coffee club today.  I used my patch skates both to prevent me from doing anything stupid and because they are bit more comfortable than my freestyle skates.

I was pretty stiff!  It was a little scary.  I was rather reluctant to skate on my right foot.  I mostly just stroked around and eventually worked up to doing FI and FO edges, which were pretty bad.  Still, Rome wasn't built in a day. 

I only skated for a half hour, didn't want to push it.  I don't feel sore at all though so that's good.  I'm going to skate again on Monday hopefully and then restart lessons next week.

Oh, and I had to buy a new annual pass as my old one expired in May.  Didn't get as much use out of that one as I usually do but still saved some money so it's all good.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger George A said...

    Glad to hear that you're back on the ice. My home ice reopens tomorrow. I haven't been able to skate since about the middle of May. I must take your approach and go slow the first few times back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home