Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Power

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

I told him I wanted to work on improving my speed and power.  We worked for a while on half-swizzle pumps around the circle -- he had me holding a hockey stick (he's always got them) so that I had to have it inside the circle the whole time.  Eeep.  After that we worked on two-foot slaloms down the line, again with the stick.  I really need to bend my knees on these but they were better than I expected.  Mercifully we ran out of time before he could make me do them backwards!

In other news -- my new FS is in the process of being cut (along with the FS after that AND my light).  I guess I'd better get moving on a costume.  Also skate buddy Melissa and I have decided to do a duet for Autumn Antics.  It should be aweome!

I'm in Oregon for work, have a lesson with Coach Kelli bright and early in the a.m.!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home