Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Coffee club has been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks; today there were just 5 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, then scribed my circles and warmed up FO8, FI8 and a little bit of waltz-8. 

When we started the lesson we had a brief discussion with skate buddy Melissa about our duet and came to some conclusions about what we wanted to do and how to proceed.  Lynne agreed to choreograph for us.

Next we discussed the upcoming Sherwood competition and what figures to do for it.  We decided on FO8, FI8, and BO8 (last year I did FO8, BO8 and BI8).  I'm hoping there will be some competition at least on the forward figures for me.

We went on to work extensively on those three figures.  Ugh.  FO8 needs a lot of practice as I really have lost some of my instincts.  We made some good progress, though, in getting me to really stick that shoulder back on the push and stand a little straighter.  FI8 was pretty good though I need to be sure not to take it for granted, lol.  And BO8.... yikes.  I need to concentrate more and it's going to take a lot more work as it's kinda sloppy, especially the LBO I am tending to cut off the circle.

Lots to do!  Competition is 4 weeks from tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home