Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  This was a make-up since we had to cancel last week's lesson as JJ was traveling to Showcase.  We got started a little late.

We took care of some housekeeping stuff first -- I played the rough cut of the Light program for him.  He likes it in general but he wants a small change.  We'll have to work that back.  We also talked about the FS costume briefly.  I'm still waiting for the rough cut of the music for that.

For what remained, we worked on spins.  We mostly worked on the upper body position, keeping the R arm/shoulder from swinging around too quickly.  Since I've been back on the ice these are feeling a little... different.  Not better, exactly (unfortunately), just a little different.  It might be a good thing, though I'm not exactly spinning like a top.  But I think there might be some promise here.  We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home