Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Whee!!

Today at Chandler coffee club was the first lesson for our duet for Autumn Antics!  Skate buddy Melissa and I are going to skate to "Summer Nights" from Grease.  Lynne is choreographing for us.

We settled some logistics first.  Lynne has already cut our music, and informed us that based on last year's announcement we should have a 2:40 program.  We both got the deer in the headlights look!  Melissa asked Lynne if she didn't mean 1:40 but nope... 2:40.  Yikes!  We were a little intimidated but oh well!

We had a great time!  We just got through the first 20-30 seconds or so.  I'll capture the choreo as we have it in a later update but so far we've got some fun "acting" stuff to set things up and then we went into some side by side skating into a forward-backward spiral (M is backward and I'm forward).  That part was actually easier than I expected.

Much to do!  Since we have such a long program to do I'm glad we didn't wait -- at this rate it will take us a month just to learn the program choreo, much less really exercise it.

I'm really stoked!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home