Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

FO8, Waltz-8

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Nice ice, about 7 skaters.

I warmed up with edges and FO8, then scribed some circles.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Ugh.  The first few were kinda like Sunday at the competition.  Grrr.  We worked on them for quite some time and did get some improvement.  Big things to work on are not to just keep the shoulder back but to really work on leading with the skating hip, and keeping the body turned out over the print (i.e. not square).  I also worked on sort of thinking to lean back/into the circle.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh, still.  Although maybe some progress.  I'm still not happy with the 3s; I need to make them more controlled and with a better entry edge (like my 3s to center).   We actually got me to hold the free foot in front ("like a real edge" :-)) on the BO edge, which helped a lot.  The step forward is about the same though.
I told Lynne I will have to cut back to 2 hrs a week of patch for a while while I'm learning all these new programs.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home