Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last Practice

After a long day (7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) at the Sherwood Invitational (I was announcing along with Ron V.), I grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed to Lloyd Center to warm up my figures in preparation for tomorrow's events.  I had not skated since Wednesday's lesson.

I got there about 8 p.m. and the ice was not so great, but I figured (no pun intended) that if I could work with that, the real deal would be easier.  FI8 was pretty good, FO8 okay, so I spent most of my time on BO8 as I have the past several weeks.  Despite having to maneuver around little girls going hither and yon, and the girl with the "I used to really skate but now I just come out and skate around fast and do an Axel to impress my boyfriend" look and the other usual public skate types, I actually was able to get some good work in.  I did much better (eventually) at getting my knee to flex on the LBO and so it was much improved.  The main issue remained that I'm tending to come back to center but then overshoot the long axis and start the new circle late.  Grrrr.

I got in about 45 minutes worth.  It will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home