Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I warmed up with edges, scribed some circles, then worked on FO8 and FI8. 

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- mmph.  My RFO was great, but the LFO.. yuck.  Same issues I had in the competition.  After a bunch of work I managed to recover the progress we made last week.  I need to reinforce this next practice.  Basically I'm trying to keep my hip open and my back to the circle as I push onto the LFO, and sit back on the blade more.
  • BO8 -- RBO not bad.  LBO inconsistent.  Grr.
  • waltz-8 -- hmmph.  Still not happy with these.  Working on standing up straighter on the BO edge and keeping the free foot close after I pass it back; and leaning into the circle more when I step forward.  I made a little progress but we'll see if I can keep it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home