Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Duet Practice

I met Melissa at the Gilbert coffee club for duet practice.  After a quick warmup we worked a bit on our stroking and side-by-side crossovers.  Per a suggestion from Sonya we did a lap of stroking and crossovers.  Eeep!  It's clear I am still working on getting my speed back because I felt like we were going really fast and Melissa didn't think so at all.  I'm such a wimp!  We'll need to work on it more.

After that we did a runthrough without music.  Melissa fell before her salchow.  We kept going but it threw her a bit so we were a bit off.  After that we worked on some more different pieces of the program and then ran it with music twice more.

It's coming along well.  I'm having some areas where it's difficult to remember everything, and Melissa does too, but fortunately they are almost never at the same time!  We still need to work on getting more settled and I'd like to spend a lot more time working on the side-by-side stuff, as well as the spin.

At the end we were talking about other things we could potentially put in if we have extra time and Melissa (I think) suggested we have a (small) lift.  In a fit of near-insanity we actually tried one (at the boards, of course).  It's not bad but of course we weren't moving! Anyway we probably won't wind up doing one but it's kind of fun to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home