Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, Serpentines

I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  It was really crowded today!  14 skaters including a couple of dancers.  Yikes.  I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, and continued with FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- not too bad.  I'm not having to fight the L side as much, which was nice.
  • BO8 -- better!  The L side was actually not too bad, much better controlled.  I think I was bending my knees into the push a little more which made me feel more in control.
  • waltz-8 -- mmph.  About the same.  
  • serpentines -- a little better.  I actually made it around once on the R foot!  Finally!  Only once though.  At least the FOI is going better though, usually.
It's not clear to me that I'm really making progress at this point, which is kind of discouraging.  Hmph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home