Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Backspin Prep

I had my lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

We worked on backspin prep.  We reviewed the exercises he gave me last week, and then he had me work more directly on the entrance... RFI.. hollllld the edge,  then touch the L toepick down and kind of snap the R foot around and into the 3.  Hmm.  Kinda scary but I made some good progress.  He also had me try doing it from a BI pivot. Ugh!  That's scarier for some reason.  Anyway I need to work on this but I won't get to skate freestyle again before my lesson last week.  Grrr.

I don't think I mentioned it but we decided last week that I really need to replace my blades.  As soon as Autumn Antics is over I'm going to get new ones.  I'm planning on sticking with what I have now (MK Pro Parabolic).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home