Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club, as usual.  I warmed up with edges, scribed some circles, then worked on FO8 and BO8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- mmph.  Better, but still lacking consistency at times. 
  • BO8 -- the RBO is almost back to where it used to be.  The LBO is still lacking, usually.   It is improving though.
  • waltz-8 -- hmph.  3s are still kinda forced.  Several of my steps-forward were almost okay, but most of them were not.  
  • 3s to center -- RFO not so great.  Some of my LFO3s were actually kinda nice though the BI edge is still curving in too quickly.
 After my lesson I had a few minutes left, so I worked on serpentines a little big.  I'm not making it the 1.5 circles on one push.  I really need to push a little better, and stay back on my blade more.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Mary @ Fit and Fed said...

    How interesting that you learn figures. I have heard of some adults doing them but haven't done it myself. Do many people learn figures at your rink? I'm working on gold moves and it's been 'interesting' learning the BO/BI figure eight when I never tested the earlier figure 8's (they put easier figure 8's on the earlier adult tests after I passed them). I've been working forever on the brackets for the gold moves, and I've thought it might help to try to learn a figure 8 with a bracket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home