Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 04, 2013

FO8, Waltz-8, Serpentine, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  This was postponed from Wednesday due to Lynne's travel.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- meh.  About the same.
  • waltz-8 -- we spent a chunk of time on this trying to get me to stand up straighter etc. on the step forward without much progress.
  • serpentines -- still not making it around.   The change of edge is better but I'm still way forward on the blade when I come out of the FOI so I lose speed.  Grrr.
  • BI8 -- yikes!  R side is... well, it needs a lot of work.  L side is just kinda laughable at this point.  I did remind myself that when I worked on these before I wasn't using the scribed circles and so my circles were pretty small.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home