Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Duet Practice

Melissa and I met for duet practice today on the Chandler coffee club.

We warmed up individually, then did a lap of stroking and crossovers.   Next we ran the program including the entrance and bows; it was a little rough in places.  Nothing horrible, just things that weren't quite timed right.  We talked through some things and practiced a couple, then ran the program again and it was better.  Talked through some more things, and ran the program once last time.  Much better!  I was out of time and had to go.

I'm all registered for Autumn Antics.  The LOC sent out an email (Melissa forwarded to me) that the bulk of the competition is being moved to Saturday 6:30 a.m. (!) to 3:30 p.m., and then will finish up on Sunday afternoon (including the skate-off).  I assume there was an ice availability issue.  I guess we'll know more when the schedule is released.  I signed up to do the duet and both my artistic programs.  Eeep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home