Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Preliminary Test, Serpentines, 3s

I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club today, moved up due to a duet lesson tomorrow.  Due to work commitments I was short on time so not much of a warmup.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- actually pretty good.  2nd circle on the L was a bit uncontrolled but I managed to save it okay.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  We spent more time on this.  Actually despite my whining it is improving; I didn't cut into the circle so much on the BO edge, and my steps-forward were not out quite as much as they have been.
  • serpentines -- much better today!  I actually got around the first 1.5 circles on each foot!  Control was better on the FOI.  I really need to push harder when I change feet and learn how to make the FIO transition faster.  
  • 3s to center -- about the same.  The 3 itself is improving but still major issues with holding the FI edge after.
Due to various scheduling issues I probably won't have a figures lesson again for several weeks :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home