Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Power Pull Prep; Backspin Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • power pull prep -- JJ was appalled (lol) last week to find that I can't do power pulls, so we spent some time on prep/exercises to teach that; basically forward and back slalom keeping the feet as close together as possible, then lift one foot.  Eeep.  I am doing a better job of getting my hips to move (I credit some moves Holly put in my Light program) but it's tough.
  • backspin prep -- we continued working on the 2-foot spin w/push exercise.   It's getting a lot better but still working to improve my weight transfer and especially to get the weight shifted to the right foot (yikes).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger George A said...

    Edge pulls are hard to sustain! I can pull myself maybe half the distance of the rink and then have to put a foot down. That's forward. Don't ask about back edge pulls...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home