Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

2013 Autumn Antics Duet Light


... so after the Light program I had some time to take pictures etc. and then I had some lunch that my stepmother had graciously brought me (yay!  I was really starving by that point).  Then a little more time to watch skating and then I got my costume and skates on and Melissa and I went to warm up.

We worked through some points we'd agreed to practice, although we didn't get to practice our stroking quite the way we wanted to at first (warmup a little too crowded and between us and Patti and Doug it seemed quite crowded) but we got around to it a bit later.  We were feeling pretty loose and relaxed (or at least I was).  Melissa was doing a great job of pretending not to be sick :-).

And... they called our names!  And we stroked out into our positions and struck our pose..

and...

and..

YEP.

Again I get the "this won't play!" look.  I had warned M that if this happened I would go get my backup first, so I went and did that.  Got into position again, and off we went!

In general it went really well!  There were a couple places where I was a little sloppy, unfortunately -- I was a little early coming into our "loosy-goosy" dance move so I improvised and Melissa, God bless her, went with it and met me just where she needed to.  The rest of it was pretty much dead on! My spin was crappy, but oh well.   We finished on time, took our bows, collected a couple tossies, and escaped the ice :-).

As I expected, Patti and Doug were first and we were second.  I wasn't upset in the slightest, as they are an actual pairs team and have all kinds of stuff in their toolbox.  I was really, really pleased at how well it went and I had a great time, and I think the audience did too.

YAY!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home