Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

FO8, Waltz-8, BO8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club, as usual.

I warmed up with the Preliminary test and scribed my circles as usual.  Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Not too bad.  My flow is not as good as it has been, and I need to push a little harder.
  • waltz-8 -- meh.  Not as bad as I feared, but the step forward, as always, is weak.  It was a bit better on the L side though.
  • BO8 -- the R side was not bad.  On the L side I kept cutting the circle off :-(.
  • 3s to center -- a bit better, actually.  Flow through the turn is a bit better and while I'm still curving in pretty badly I think it's a bit better than before.  We worked on not letting the free leg pop out after the turn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home