Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

3s, Backspin

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- I had been working on power-3s before my lesson and so we worked on these a bit.  The LFO3 is not bad, but the RFO3 not so great.  We worked on getting me to not rush them (more like my 3s to center in patch), hold the position and then turn.  I keep throwing my hip around and dropping my R shoulder on the RFO3... keeping the R arm/shoulder up helped a lot.  I need to spend some time on these.
  • backspin -- started with the 2-foot spin/push/push exercise -- it's gotten a lot better.  Then on to the edge exercise and then the entry.  I've made a lot of progress... I almost got one!  Really excited.
I realized that I've not really worked on moves in a long time.  I need to refresh those and spend some time on them.  I also reminded JJ that we need to get started on my new free skate program; next competition is only 3 months away.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home