Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Backspin, Still

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual.

We spent the first part of our lesson discussing program stuff.  JJ has still not made up his mind about which music he wants.  He asked me to put together a list of elements that were in my last program, so I need to get that to him.

After that we spent our time on backspin, again.  On the 2-foot spin forward-backward push-push exercise I made some progress on getting the backward push to be more like a backspin.  Then we went on to the RFI3-RBO exercise and I had some issues getting that to curve more, but eventually we got there.  Then on to the backspin entry; about the same.  I need to practice this a lot more.  JJ reminded me about the "snap" of the free foot coming around into place but I'm really struggling with it.

I need more practice on this!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home